Post-Judgment Enforcement

Standing Up for Your Interests

Once your divorce, custody, or support case is finalized, you get a document outlining all of the rules you and your ex-spouse must follow without exception. This judgment can cover everything from the division of your assets to the schedule you’ll use to care for your children. If you think your ex-spouse is violating a judgment, in spite of the court’s final order, a qualified lawyer can provide the best legal tools to help you enforce the rules in your decree.

An attorney can help you enforce:

  • Child custody and visitation schedules
  • Child support payments
  • Spousal support payments

When your ex won’t cooperate with your judgment, the court can take a number of actions to enforce it, from garnishing your ex’s wages to executing documents or transferring titles that he or she refuses to sign. The Grey Legal Group can make sure the court understands how your order was violated, giving you a better chance at effective enforcement actions.

It can be tricky to enforce divorce orders after they’ve been made, but our family law attorneys have been doing it for years. We’ve seen a lot and done a lot. Give us a call to explore your options and find the best possible solution for you.